The Nigerian government has released more names of alleged looters of the treasury during the Goodluck Jonathan administration.
The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, in a statement, criticised the opposition PDP for its reaction to the first names of alleged looters he released.
The new list by Mr. Mohammed contained 23 names.
SECOND BATCH OF ALLEGED LOOTERS AND THE AMOUNT ALLEGEDLY EMBEZZLED
- Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings alone (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million
- British Pounds was embezzled through his office. A good number of these monies were simply shared to persons and companies without any formal contract awards.
- Former Petroleum Resources Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke: In just one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled. She is also involved in the Strategic Alliance Contracts of the NNPC, where the firms of Jide Mokore and Kola Aluko got oil blocks but never paid government taxes and royalty. About $3 billion was involved. The Federal Government is charging Omokore and Aluko and will use all legal instruments local and international to ensure justice.
- Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property
- -Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29m recovered by the EFCC so far.
- Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already.
- Inde Dikko: former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.
- Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered.
- Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
- Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
- Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA.
- Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion.
- Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered.
- Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion
- Aliyu Usman: Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million
- Ahmad Idris: Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion
- Rasheed Ladoja: Former Oyo Governor: N500 million
- Tom Ikimi: N300 million
- Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million
- Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million
- Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion
- Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion
- Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million
- Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion
- 24 Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion